- Raw Material Sourcing for Cell Culture Media – Important ConsiderationsPosted 5 hours ago
- Cell Therapy for Parkinson’s Disease – Considerations for the FuturePosted 5 days ago
- Genome Editing and Associated TechnologiesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Novel Stem Cell Technologies Presented at the 2014 Annual International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) MeetingPosted 4 weeks ago
- Release Your Cells – A Simple New Tool that Eliminates the Need for Manual Selection and Scraping in hPSC PassagingPosted 4 weeks ago
- Single-use Technology Enables Flexible Manufacturing in Microbial Fermentation – A DiscussionPosted 1 month ago
- Progress is Being Made Toward Using Cell Therapy for Type 1 DiabetesPosted 1 month ago
- Innovations Abound at the 2014 Annual International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) MeetingPosted 2 months ago
- Single-use Perfusion Culture Enables Continuous BioproductionPosted 2 months ago
- Stem Cell Therapy Indications for Neurological Disorders in Phase II Clinical TrialsPosted 2 months ago
New Stem Cell Therapy May Prevent the Need for Hip Replacement Surgery
Doctors at Southampton General Hospital in the United Kingdom have successfully tested the use of bone marrow derived stem cells to treat osteonecrosis, a leading cause of hip replacement surgery. The procedure takes harvested bone marrow derived...
- Posted May 31, 2012
The Dish’s Weekly News Wrap Up – May 25, 2012
Just a reminder – please submit presentations and posters to be featured in The Cell Culture Dish’s Scientific Poster Hall. “Canada Oks Osiris Drug; First Stem Cell Therapy,” Reuters Osiris Therapeutics Inc. said on Thursday that Canadian...
- Posted May 25, 2012
Enhanced Growth and Productivity of CHO through rHSA Media Supplementation
Christopher Shen, Kirilynn Svay, Delyan Rusev, Jeffrey Rosenbloom, Dennis Duong, Mukunda Krishna, Matt Croughan Amgen Bioprocessing Center, Keck Graduate Institute, Claremont, CA 91711 Abstract As the workhorse of biopharmaceutical production, Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells are constantly...
- Posted May 23, 2012
Utilizing Bioreactors to Increase Virus Production in Vaccine Manufacturing
In Part II of our series on “Strategies for Improving Viral Yield in Vaccine Manufacturing,” we will examine the use of bioreactors to improve virus production. With a large number of cell culture based viral vaccines in...
- Posted May 23, 2012
The Dish’s Weekly News Wrap Up – May 18, 2012
“Making Gene Mapping Part of Everyday Care,” The Wall Street Journal The cost of mapping a person’s full genetic profile has been dropping quickly. Now, doctors are struggling with a new question: how to use the information...
- Posted May 18, 2012