- Cool Tool – ClinEss® – A tissue preservation and transportation medium provides protection of cells and allows for tissue to be stabilized without fixationPosted 18 hours ago
- Video Tutorial – The Impact of Sparging on Cell Culture in BioreactorsPosted 1 day ago
- Non-Invasive Stem Cell Characterization and Predicting Differentiation using Luminex AssaysPosted 3 days ago
- CRISPR Technology Where it Stands and What the Future HoldsPosted 1 week ago
- Ask the Expert – Using Luminex Technology to Non-Invasively Monitor Stem Cell DifferentiationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Controlling Cell Culture pH in BioreactorsPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Impact of Aeration on Cell Culture OptimizationPosted 1 month ago
- Cool Tool – Novel universal titer boost and enhancer improves CHO cell protein production in small bioreactorsPosted 1 month ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – September 16, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Utilizing UVC LEDs in Biotech and Pharma – Paving the way to better instrument design and better manufacturing methodsPosted 1 month ago
The Dish’s Weekly News Wrap Up – July 6, 2012
The Supreme Court’s decision to largely uphold the health-care law gives drug makers some certainty even though they will face tens of billions of dollars in fees and price cuts. The pharmaceutical industry largely supported the 2010 overhaul, which will help millions more Americans afford companies’ medicines by adding them to the rolls of the insured. Drug makers have been preparing for the insurance expansion set to take effect in 2014.
If you like this story, please see our blog titled “Supreme Court Upholds Affordable Care Act – What it Means for Healthcare”
When Roche paid $46.8 billion in 2009 to gain full ownership of Genentech, fears were rife that the arrival of the Swiss men in suits would stifle the free-wheeling innovative culture at the California-based biotech.
If you like this story, please see our blog titled “Strategies for Enhancing Media to Improve Antibody Production in CHO Cells”
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.’s $5.3 billion deal to buy diabetes drugmaker Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AMLN) gives Bristol (BMY) immediate access to a market of growing medical need, while heralding a burgeoning hunger among pharmaceutical companies for acquisitions.
If you like this story, please see our blog titled “How Single Use Systems are Improving Bioprocess Development”
Four FDA drug approval decisions in July — headlined by another weight-loss drug and a prescription fish oil pill with blockbuster potential — will keep biotech investors busy in what is normally one of the sector’s slower months.
If you like this story, please see our blog titled “Gains in Cell Growth and Productivity Through the Supplementation and Design of Cell Culture Media”
Just weeks after scoring a deal to develop biosimilars with Merck Serono, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories is boasting about the rapid growth in its biosims business. In its annual report, the Indian pharma company notes that the biosimilars side of the business swelled 45%, to $26 million. That’s only a pittance in the biopharma world, but Dr. Reddy’s expects to see continued rapid growth as it extends its reach from emerging markets into the developed world.
If you like this story, please see our blog titled “FDA Issues Guidance for Warning Labels on All Drugs Produced Using Blood Products Including Plasma-Derived Albumin”