- Going to BPI West 2017? Don’t miss these great talks and activities!Posted 3 days ago
- Cool Tool – PRIME-XV® T Cell CDM – First Commercially Available Chemically-defined, Animal-component-free Medium for T Cell CulturePosted 6 days ago
- Increasing Protein Production with Novel Cell-Ess Titer Boost without Affecting the Metabolic ProfilePosted 2 weeks ago
- Continuous Processing Optimization with Smarter ToolsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Cool Tool – Generation of Neural Stem Cells from AlphaSTEM Cultured Pluripotent Stem CellsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Synergizing Transient and Stable Protein Expression for Accelerated Biotherapeutic DevelopmentPosted 2 weeks ago
- Cell Culture Dish Top Ten Ask the Expert Sessions and Podcasts of 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- A Look at the Current State of Continuous BioprocessingPosted 3 weeks ago
- Cool Tool – Biomek i-Series – Next Generation Automated Workstations Specifically Designed to Meet Evolving WorkflowsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Filling Industry Gaps with Dedicated Cell Therapy Fluid Transfer SetsPosted 4 weeks ago
Introducing a New Feature – Ask the Expert
Ask the Expert is an exciting new feature starting today on the Cell Culture Dish where both industry and academic experts answer your questions. A range of topics will be covered and suggestions for future Ask the Expert sessions are welcome.
Our First Session – Serum-Free Conditions
Most of us want to be serum-free or move in this direction, but transitioning to a serum-free media can be a daunting task. Some are struggling with how to plan their transition to serum-free conditions. Some have already transitioned to serum-free but are not getting the results that they want or that they achieved with serum containing media. Still others are stuck in the process of transitioning with cells that just won’t cooperate in serum-free conditions. If this describes your current cell culture situation, you are not alone. Please join us for our Ask the Expert session on cell culture in serum-free conditions.
This Ask the Expert Session is Sponsored by Life Technologies and is hosted by Timothy Fawcett, Ph.D. Dr. Fawcett has been in the biotechnology business for over 30 years. Trained as a biochemist he has held senior positions in both academics and industry and has been a mentor to many young scientists throughout his career. For the last 12 years Dr. Fawcett has been the Director of the BioTechnical Institute of Maryland (BTI) a non-profit institute located in Baltimore, Maryland. He is also the Founder and Director of BioSciConcepts, a social venture of BTI that provides hands-on training for professional scientists in cell culture, baculovirus based expression, as well as topics such as molecular biology, PCR and real-time PCR. BioSciConcepts is an internationally recognized provider of expertise in the biological sciences and has provided consultation services to several small and large biotechnology companies.