- Cool Tool – ClinEss® – A tissue preservation and transportation medium provides protection of cells and allows for tissue to be stabilized without fixationPosted 1 day ago
- Video Tutorial – The Impact of Sparging on Cell Culture in BioreactorsPosted 2 days ago
- Non-Invasive Stem Cell Characterization and Predicting Differentiation using Luminex AssaysPosted 3 days ago
- CRISPR Technology Where it Stands and What the Future HoldsPosted 1 week ago
- Ask the Expert – Using Luminex Technology to Non-Invasively Monitor Stem Cell DifferentiationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Controlling Cell Culture pH in BioreactorsPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Impact of Aeration on Cell Culture OptimizationPosted 1 month ago
- Cool Tool – Novel universal titer boost and enhancer improves CHO cell protein production in small bioreactorsPosted 1 month ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – September 16, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Utilizing UVC LEDs in Biotech and Pharma – Paving the way to better instrument design and better manufacturing methodsPosted 1 month ago
Coming Attractions – Thanks for a great list of Ask the Expert topic suggestions
Last week, we finished our Ask the Expert Discussion You Tell Us, where we asked readers for their ideas on future Ask the Expert sessions. I want to start by thanking the community for the great ideas. We believe that the Dish should address community interests and receiving your input helps us develop content, which interests our readers. At random, we selected one topic suggestion to win a set of six spray bottles for their lab, courtesy of Life Technologies. The winning topic was: Statistical calculations of assay results.
This was just one of the many great ideas that we received from readers. Please see full list below or go to the discussion page to read the full discussion. I will work to get these topics address either through Ask the Expert sessions or blogs. We always welcome your ideas and feedback. If you have any other topic suggestions, please email the Dish at Dish@cellculturedish.com
Future Session Ideas Included:
- How are single use bags’ performance impacted by presence/absence of free cholesterol in the culture medium?
- Explain the differences between media classifications, i.e. xeno-free, serum-free, protein-free, animal-free, chemically-defined, etc and give examples
- New developments in stem cell culture – media, equipment, etc.
- Enhancers for monoclonal antibodies and recombinant protein production.
- Please tell the history and reasons behind our equipment.
- Optimizing media for cell culture. With some useful tips and tricks to achieving the best product yield.
- Advancements in downstream purification
- I would like to see a session discussing the ways that cell physiology impacts CHO production, antibody titer and antibody quality.
- What should a company expect/implement in anticipation of a quality audit and tips on implementing QBD
- I would like a session on how to improve protein stability during manufacturing, especially for unstable proteins.
- How to optimize cell line development and banking.
- Single-use, perfusion and any other flexible manufacturing strategies for viral vaccine production.
- Suggestions for improving the connection between upstream and downstream processes to help eliminate bottlenecks, quality issues, and improve the overall production flow.
Please visit this week’s Ask the Expert session – “Matrices in Cell Culture – How to develop healthy attachment,” hosted by hosted by Tim Fawcett, Ph.D. Director of the BioTechnical Institute of Maryland (BTI). Founder and Director, BioSciConcepts.