- Cool Tool – PRIME-XV® T Cell CDM – First Commercially Available Chemically-defined, Animal-component-free Medium for T Cell CulturePosted 2 days ago
- Increasing Protein Production with Novel Cell-Ess Titer Boost without Affecting the Metabolic ProfilePosted 1 week ago
- Continuous Processing Optimization with Smarter ToolsPosted 1 week ago
- Cool Tool – Generation of Neural Stem Cells from AlphaSTEM Cultured Pluripotent Stem CellsPosted 1 week ago
- Synergizing Transient and Stable Protein Expression for Accelerated Biotherapeutic DevelopmentPosted 1 week ago
- Cell Culture Dish Top Ten Ask the Expert Sessions and Podcasts of 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- A Look at the Current State of Continuous BioprocessingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Cool Tool – Biomek i-Series – Next Generation Automated Workstations Specifically Designed to Meet Evolving WorkflowsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Filling Industry Gaps with Dedicated Cell Therapy Fluid Transfer SetsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Cell Culture Monitoring – A Critical Component for Quality by Design in Cell TherapyPosted 3 weeks ago
Coming Attractions – Thanks for a great list of Ask the Expert topic suggestions
Last week, we finished our Ask the Expert Discussion You Tell Us, where we asked readers for their ideas on future Ask the Expert sessions. I want to start by thanking the community for the great ideas. We believe that the Dish should address community interests and receiving your input helps us develop content, which interests our readers. At random, we selected one topic suggestion to win a set of six spray bottles for their lab, courtesy of Life Technologies. The winning topic was: Statistical calculations of assay results.
This was just one of the many great ideas that we received from readers. Please see full list below or go to the discussion page to read the full discussion. I will work to get these topics address either through Ask the Expert sessions or blogs. We always welcome your ideas and feedback. If you have any other topic suggestions, please email the Dish at Dish@cellculturedish.com
Future Session Ideas Included:
- How are single use bags’ performance impacted by presence/absence of free cholesterol in the culture medium?
- Explain the differences between media classifications, i.e. xeno-free, serum-free, protein-free, animal-free, chemically-defined, etc and give examples
- New developments in stem cell culture – media, equipment, etc.
- Enhancers for monoclonal antibodies and recombinant protein production.
- Please tell the history and reasons behind our equipment.
- Optimizing media for cell culture. With some useful tips and tricks to achieving the best product yield.
- Advancements in downstream purification
- I would like to see a session discussing the ways that cell physiology impacts CHO production, antibody titer and antibody quality.
- What should a company expect/implement in anticipation of a quality audit and tips on implementing QBD
- I would like a session on how to improve protein stability during manufacturing, especially for unstable proteins.
- How to optimize cell line development and banking.
- Single-use, perfusion and any other flexible manufacturing strategies for viral vaccine production.
- Suggestions for improving the connection between upstream and downstream processes to help eliminate bottlenecks, quality issues, and improve the overall production flow.
Please visit this week’s Ask the Expert session – “Matrices in Cell Culture – How to develop healthy attachment,” hosted by hosted by Tim Fawcett, Ph.D. Director of the BioTechnical Institute of Maryland (BTI). Founder and Director, BioSciConcepts.