- CRISPR Technology Where it Stands and What the Future HoldsPosted 4 days ago
- Ask the Expert – Using Luminex Technology to Non-Invasively Monitor Stem Cell DifferentiationPosted 7 days ago
- Controlling Cell Culture pH in BioreactorsPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Impact of Aeration on Cell Culture OptimizationPosted 4 weeks ago
- Cool Tool – Novel universal titer boost and enhancer improves CHO cell protein production in small bioreactorsPosted 1 month ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – September 16, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Utilizing UVC LEDs in Biotech and Pharma – Paving the way to better instrument design and better manufacturing methodsPosted 1 month ago
- Synopsis: An Interview with Audrey Jia, former FDA CMC Reviewer for Biological ProductsPosted 1 month ago
- Predicting Differentiation and Characterizing Pluripotent Stem Cells Using Non-invasive Multi-analyte Luminex® AssaysPosted 1 month ago
- Particulates in Cell Therapy Products – An important issue for commercializationPosted 1 month ago
Will you be at Bioprocess International 2014?
Are you going to Bioprocess International in Boston 2014? The Bioprocess International Conference offers complete programming coverage of the full bioprocessing continuum – featuring 65 innovative case studies and 70 new data presentations intended for companies of all sizes and at every stage of development.
If you are planning to attend, please check out these activities and events you won’t want to miss.
GE Healthcare – Booth#203
Visit GE Healthcare at booth #203 to learn about three new product launches:
AxiChrom™ Columns – 1200 – 1600mm i.d.
The new larger size AxiChrom columns are designed and verified to work with a broad range of resins.
- Reduced operation time through automation, verified methods, and simplified instructions
- Increased up time through simple design with reduced risk for operator errors
- Quick and easy technology-transfer through scalable and robust platform design
ÄKTA™ flux 6 0
ÄKTA flux is a versatile cross flow filtration system for
concentration and diafiltration (buffer exchange) as well as cell harvest and clarification.
- For concentration, diafiltration, and clarification
- Semi-automated features for convenient operations
- Easy-to-use operator interface
Capto™ S ImpAct
A new ion exchange resin designed for the 2nd step in a 3-step MAb purification scheme.
- High binding capacity, > 100 mg MAb/mL medium
- Efficient aggregate removal at high load of monoclonal antibodies
- Flexibility of design thanks to a large operational window of flow rates and bed heights for easy optimization and scaling.
GE Healthcare Featured Technology Workshops at BPI:
New Paradigms in Bioproduction Culture Media Development
Tuesday, October 21st 11:50am – 12:20pm
William Whitford, Senior Manager, Hyclone Cell Culture, GE Healthcare
Biopharmaceutical production technologies, operations, and quality are undergoing a paradigm shift, resulting from the expiry of biologic patents, increased demand for personalized medicine, and increased global competition. This talk will review the impact of this paradigm shift on upstream production technology with a focus on optimization of cell culture media and feed formulations. In addition, the economics behind outsourcing and localized supply, for example, the relative value of powder versus bulk liquid supply and strategies based on improved shipping/packaging technologies, will be discussed. These advances in production technologies and shifts in operational strategies are driving a renewed focus on quality standards including analytic testing, formal risk analysis, and increased demands for purity, packaging, and cold chain.
Guidelines for the Selection of Chromatography Media (resins) and Steps to Meet Specific Purification Challenges
Thursday, October 23rd 12:05pm – 12:35pm
Jonathan Royce, Senior Product Manager, Bioprocess Product Marketing-Downstream, GE Healthcare
The choice of chromatography resin selection is critical to process economy. A new cation exchanger is discussed for MAb polishing which displays high binding capacity in combination with efficient removal of main impurities that can improve process economy. This presentation will show case studies of different 2- and 3- chromatography step processes.
Thermo Scientific/Life Technologies Booth #301
Visit the Thermo Scientific/Life Technologies booth #301. Through their premier brands of Thermo Fisher Scientific™, they provide innovative solutions for the world’s pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries. With applications that span the drug development process—from drug discovery through large-scale commercial production—they provide a broad range of Thermo Scientific™ and Life Technologies™ products for single-use technologies, cell culture, purification, and analytics.
Don’t miss these talks and posters:
Single-use systems – expanding platforms
Thursday, October 23, 9:20–9:45 a.m.
Daniel Nelson, Integrated Solutions Product Manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific
Daniel first began using single-use technology as a biochemical engineer. As a product manager, he has developed several new bioprocessing products and continues to explore solutions to unmet bioproduction challenges.
- Explore recent single-use technology advancement
- Assess technology performance
- Evaluate technology during process implementation
CaptureSelect™ technology: introducing one-step selectivity in the purification of biological products
Thursday, October 23, 11:00–11:30 a.m.
Frank Detmers, Ph.D., Ligand Application Director, Bioproduction, Thermo Fisher Scientific
After a career in science, Dr. Frank Detmers joined the company in 2004. Since then he has been responsible for directing programs focused on the immobilization of affinity ligands on any solid support, resulting in a diverse range of products for the purification of biotherapeutics.
- Better understanding of the use of single domain antibodies as affinity ligands in chromatography
- Introduction to a new class of large scale resins for purification of antibodies and antibody formats offering unique selectivities.
Look for these Poster Presentations:
- Cell culture process development for fed-batch using a novel nutrient additive
- The benefits of high-performing chromatography resins, including POROS® XQ, A new strong anion exchanger
- CaptureSelect™ technology: introducing one-step selectivity in the purification of biological products
- Maximize without compromise: Using super-concentrated feeds in fed-batch cell culture
- Aggressive pichia, E. coli, and bacillus cultures using the Thermo Scientific HyPerforma 30 L and 300 L Single-Use Fermentors
- Gas analysis mass spectrometry applications in fermentation and cell culture processes
Corning – Booth #800
Visit Corning at BPI booth #800 in Boston to learn how they bring together the broadest selection of vessels, surfaces, and media to scale-up adherent and suspension processes. From seed train to production, Corning offers innovative solutions, including:
- Corning® HYPERStack® cell culture vessel with proprietary gas-permeable film technology, the most efficient, scalable vessel for adherent cell culture available today
- Surface-coated microcarriers, sterile microcarriers that are ready to use directly with any size bioreactor
- Corning single-use flexible packaging systems, available in custom configurations to meet your media storage requirements
Roche Custom Biotech Booth #309
Visit Roche Custom Biotech at booth #309 to learn about:
- Cedex Bio and Bio HT Analyzers:† Accurate and reliable metabolite and substrate analysis
- Cedex HiRes Analyzer:† High-resolution automated cell counter based on Trypan Blue technology
- MycoTOOL PCR Mycoplasma testing kits:† In-process and product release quality assurance
- Glycoengineering portfolio: Complete tool kit for glycosylation and analytics consisting of activated sugars, transferases and glycosidases
- Recombinant Trypsin, GMP grade:‡ Increased process safety in polypeptide production
† For use in quality control/manufacturing process only.
‡ For further processing only.
Don’t miss these talks:
A State-of-the-Art Information Management System to Improve Bioprocessing Knowledge Management and Decision-Making
Monday, October 20, 9:15 a.m.
Andreas Schneider, Vice President, International Business Leader Custom Biotech, Roche Diagnostics
Investigation of Glycan-Structure Function Relationship of an IgG1 Using In Vitro Glycoengineering
Tuesday, October 21, 8:45 a.m.
Marco Thomann, Manager Development Analytics, Roche Diagnostics GmbH
Factors to Consider When Selecting an Analytical Method for Cell Culture Fermentation: Comparison of Cedex Bio HT, Nova Flex, YSI 2950 and CuBiAn Systems, Technologies and Performance
Tuesday, October 21, 10:15 a.m.
Caitlin Kurtz, Biogen Idec and NC State
EMD Millipore – Booth #517
Visit EMD Millipore at Booth 517, to learn about its new biopharmaceutical processing products. These products add to EMD Millipore’s complete range of upstream and downstream solutions, helping to improve manufacturing productivity and accelerate time to market.
Attend EMD Millipore’s Featured Luncheon:
Tuesday, October 21st 12:20 pm
Integrated Single-Use Purification Technologies Enabling Continuous MAb Processing
Michael W. Phillips, Director, Technology Development, EMD Millipore.
Visit the Bioprocess International Theater:
Wednesday, October 22 at 1:15PM and hear Dr. Michael Felo, present on “The Development of a More Physically Robust Single-Use Fluid Management Film for Demanding Bioprocess Applications”