- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – March 24, 2017Posted 2 days ago
- Laminin cell culture matrices – The key to efficient derivation and reliable culture of stem cells and specialized cells lies within these extracellular matrix proteinsPosted 3 days ago
- Video – Fortem: A platform film built for bioprocessPosted 4 days ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – March 17, 2017Posted 1 week ago
- Cool Tool – The Human Protein AtlasPosted 2 weeks ago
- Optimization of Roche Liberase MNP-S GMP Grade in the Enzymatic Digestion of Human Umbilical Cord for the Isolation of Mesenchymal Stem CellsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ask the Expert – Maximizing Transient Protein ProductionPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – March 10, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Enabling Viral Vector Production and Vaccine Manufacturing using the iCELLis – a single-use, automated, and closed manufacturing platformPosted 3 weeks ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – March 3, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
Cool Tool – Cedex Bioprocess Analyzers for Vaccine Manufacturing
The 8th Annual Vaccine Industry Excellence (ViE) Awards took place earlier this month at the World Vaccine Congress. Awards were given to recognize those who have “done outstanding work in the field, honor those who have made significant contributions to the development of the sector, and celebrate the great achievements made in the world of vaccines in the last year.”
During the awards, Roche Custom Biotech received the “Best Technological Development” award for their line of Cedex bioprocess analyzers, comprised of the Cedex Bio and Cedex Bio HT. The award recognized that by the application of these instruments in vaccine manufacturing, users were able to gain valuable information about the health and productivity of their cells while in culture. This offers the opportunity to make real-time adjustments and provides the potential to reduce cycle times and production costs.
The Cedex bioprocess analyzers originally evolved from the same technology used in the In-Vitro Diagnostic market. Roche has been a leader in the development of diagnostic tests and analyzers commonly employed in laboratories and hospitals. Roche Custom Biotech has utilized this extensive knowledge to create a line of analyzers for use in bioprocessing.
A comprehensive testing panel covers common assays, both for mammalian cell culture as well as for microbial fermentation. In addition there are specialty parameters available, including LDH, IgG, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron and Total Protein. Additionally, Roche has demonstrated that high quality and high reproducibility can be achieved using a small sample size, which is critical in an integrated process where samples will be collected regularly.
Collected data can then be used to further understand the health and success of your culture and thus provide a higher level of process control. The analytics can also provide insight for media studies where metabolites or supplements are examined at various levels for their effect on the process so that an optimal mix can be obtained. This is a very cost effective and efficient way to screen media components and can improve process development.
For use in quality control/manufacturing process only.