- Cool Tool – An Optimized, Chemically-Defined, Animal Component-Free Neural Basal MediumPosted 1 day ago
- Cool Tool – Lynx CDR Connectors to Improve Sterile Fluid Transfer in BiomanufacturingPosted 2 days ago
- Improving Glycosylation Patterns and Consistency Through Media OptimizationPosted 3 days ago
- Cool Tool – Online Cell Culture Media Formulation ToolPosted 1 week ago
- Video – Impact of Chemically Defined Media on Product QualityPosted 1 week ago
- Ask the Expert – Media Optimization Can Improve Glycosylation Patterns and Consistency to Impact Protein EfficacyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Digital Biomanufacturing Will Enable Tissue BioprintingPosted 3 weeks ago
- Video – When and Where to Optimize Cell Culture MediaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Cool Tool – SCOUT® technology reduces time to market and increases chance of success for biopharmaceutical productsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Pumping Iron – But Not in the gym: The Critical Roles of Transferrin in Cell Culture MediaPosted 4 weeks ago
The Impact of Aeration on Cell Culture Optimization
Aeration, or delivery of oxygen to cells, is a very important aspect of optimizing cell culture in a bioreactor environment. Cells need continuous delivery of oxygen while in bioreactor culture and the rate of oxygen demand will increase as the cell mass increases. Understanding the dynamics of this important relationship is critical for optimizing both the amount of oxygen delivered to the cells and the bioreactor culture overall throughout the entire culture run.
The Keck Graduate Institute and WuXi Biologics have teamed together to provide technical training videos called Two Minute Tuesday videos for the bioprocessing industry. They will deliver a new video topic every Tuesday that can quickly get you up-to-speed in understanding the complexities of biologics drug development and manufacturing. This week’s topic is the Impact of Aeration on Bioprocessing, please click below to watch the video.