- World’s Largest hiPSC Bank: Made in CaliforniaPosted 10 hours ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – April 21, 2017Posted 7 days ago
- Glycosylation Overview and How to Control Glycosylation using In Vitro GlycoengineeringPosted 1 week ago
- A Novel Approach for Expansion of High Quality Mesenchymal Stem CellsPosted 1 week ago
- Cell Therapy Clinical Trials: Navigating the operational shift from Phase 1 to Phase 2Posted 1 week ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – April 14, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- GMP Proteins for Cell Therapy Manufacturing: Top 6 Things to KnowPosted 2 weeks ago
- Smart Cell Culture Monitoring – Transforming the way we look at cells in culturePosted 2 weeks ago
- A Primer on Primary Cells and CulturePosted 2 weeks ago
- The Importance of Resin Selection in Development of a Platform Bioprocess FilmPosted 2 weeks ago
Ask the Expert – Measuring IgG Titer: Need for Real-Time Results, Customization and High Comparability to HPLC
The successful implementation of PAT (process analytical technology) involves analysis and monitoring of key attributes within the bioprocess. When measuring critical process parameters, such as IgG titer, the need for high quality data AND real-time access are very important.
- While HPLC is the gold standard, is it accessible at all stages (early cell line development to manufacturing) and at the frequency desired?
- What is the impact of getting IgG titer in minutes versus days, without preparing and sending samples for HPLC analysis?
This session is sponsored by
Roche Custom Biotech
The Cedex Bio and Cedex Bio HT Analyzers provide access to 21 assays including Glucose, Lactate, Ammonia, Glutamate, Glutamine, LDH, IgG, Iron, Acetate, Phosphate, Optical Density, etc, and a test menu that has continuously expanded according to the needs of the market. The systems offer on-board dilution, minimal hands-on maintenance, low sample volume requirement and wide measuring ranges. The Cedex Bio Analyzer is appropriate for low to medium sample throughput while the Cedex Bio HT Analyzer is suited for higher throughput holding up to 90 samples at once (with continuous loading), and offering advanced workflow integration capabilities.
Measuring IgG Titer: Need for Real-Time Results, Customization and High Comparability to HPLC
Dr. Christian Weilke, Ph.D., International Product Manager at Roche Custom Biotech, will be answering your questions regarding the IgG assay and the Cedex Bio and Bio HT Analyzers. Christian holds a Ph.D. in chemistry and joined Roche in 1999. Since 2010, he has been working in Custom Biotech holding several different positions, and is currently responsible for the Pharma In-process Control portfolio.
Questions & Answers
We are running perfusion culture so our runs are over a month long. Can the inline sampling be adapted for that kind of timeframe?“At-line testing” using the Cedex analyzers requires you to obtain a small amount of sample (minimum of about 100 µl) from the culturing system for testing. The big advantage in comparison to an integrated in-line system is that an alteration or failure of an internal sensor in the bioreactor would be fatal because process control […]» Read More