Senior Manager at GE Healthcare
Patrick Guertin, Senior Manager, Upstream Process Development and Pilot Plant, Xcellerex, now part of GE Healthcare Life Sciences. Mr. Guertin has 25 years of experience and significant expertise in upstream process development, pilot plant operations and cGMP manufacturing for recombinant therapeutics, monoclonal antibodies and vaccines. His skill set also includes process optimization and scale-up and down procedures in microcarrier, fed-batch and perfusion modes.
Curriculum Vitae and Qualifications
M.S. Biochemistry – Northeastern University
B.S. Biology – Boston College
- 2006 to present: Sr. Manager USPD & Pilot Plant, Xcellerex/GE Healthcare
- 2001-2006: Staff Scientist – Manager Cell Culture Development, Genzyme
- 1998-2001 Manager cGMP Manufacturing, UNISYN Technologies
- 1991-1998: Supervisor-Assoc. Scientist Process Development, Creative BioMolecules
- 1988-1991: Associate Scientist, Damon Biotech
Expertise and Relevant Experience
- Upstream process development, pilot plant operations and cGMP manufacturing for recombinant therapeutics, monoclonal antibodies and vaccines.
- Scale-up, scale-down, suspension, microcarrier, fed-batch, perfusion modes.
- Process optimization traditional and single-use mammalian and microbial bioreactors
- ADC-free media and feed development
- Technology transfer, process design and data analysis