- Cool Tool – Lynx® CDR Connectors to Improve Sterile Fluid Transfer in BiomanufacturingPosted 49 mins ago
- Improving Glycosylation Patterns and Consistency Through Media OptimizationPosted 1 day ago
- Cool Tool – Online Cell Culture Media Formulation ToolPosted 1 week ago
- Video – Impact of Chemically Defined Media on Product QualityPosted 1 week ago
- Ask the Expert – Media Optimization Can Improve Glycosylation Patterns and Consistency to Impact Protein EfficacyPosted 1 week ago
- Digital Biomanufacturing Will Enable Tissue BioprintingPosted 3 weeks ago
- Video – When and Where to Optimize Cell Culture MediaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Cool Tool – SCOUT® technology reduces time to market and increases chance of success for biopharmaceutical productsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Pumping Iron – But Not in the gym: The Critical Roles of Transferrin in Cell Culture MediaPosted 4 weeks ago
- Solve Production Challenges of Difficult to Express Proteins with Scalable, Continuous ManufacturingPosted 4 weeks ago
Cool Tool – Online Cell Culture Media Formulation Tool
A guest blog by Nicol Watson, PhD, Senior Market Development Manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific (@nicolwatson)
Finding the right combination of cell culture media ingredients can be tricky and it isn’t always simple to find an off the shelf medium that meets all your requirements. Sometimes it takes several clicks around to locate one that will meet your needs. To address this challenge we’ve created an online cell culture media formulation tool.
The Gibco™ media formulation tool begins by asking that you choose a base medium. Then you select your features. There are 7 to choose from including format, glucose level, glutamine type, phenol red and level of FBS supplementation. Once you’ve made your selections, the tool will reveal the formulations from our catalog that match your needs. From there you can compare the formulations, look at the breakdown of a number of different components, including amino acids, vitamins, inorganic salts, nucleosides, protein and others. To assist with record keeping you can download your selection(s).
To see how it works, visit cell culture media formulation tool.