- Going to BPI West 2017? Don’t miss these great talks and activities!Posted 18 hours ago
- Cool Tool – PRIME-XV® T Cell CDM – First Commercially Available Chemically-defined, Animal-component-free Medium for T Cell CulturePosted 3 days ago
- Increasing Protein Production with Novel Cell-Ess Titer Boost without Affecting the Metabolic ProfilePosted 1 week ago
- Continuous Processing Optimization with Smarter ToolsPosted 1 week ago
- Cool Tool – Generation of Neural Stem Cells from AlphaSTEM Cultured Pluripotent Stem CellsPosted 1 week ago
- Synergizing Transient and Stable Protein Expression for Accelerated Biotherapeutic DevelopmentPosted 2 weeks ago
- Cell Culture Dish Top Ten Ask the Expert Sessions and Podcasts of 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- A Look at the Current State of Continuous BioprocessingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Cool Tool – Biomek i-Series – Next Generation Automated Workstations Specifically Designed to Meet Evolving WorkflowsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Filling Industry Gaps with Dedicated Cell Therapy Fluid Transfer SetsPosted 3 weeks ago
Transfection and Selection – practical, applicable answers
Ask the Expert
Transfection is often used to transfer an expression plasmid into an animal cell with protein expression as the goal. There are multiple methods to accomplish this and many opportunities to optimize the process. Do you know the best growth conditions for your cells when they are going to be transfected? If you wanted to isolate clones during selection would you know the best way? This session is a great opportunity to ask your questions about transfection and selection and practical, applicable answers.
This Ask the Expert Session was Sponsored by Life Technologies and hosted by Timothy Fawcett, Ph.D. Dr. Fawcett has been in the biotechnology business for over 30 years. Trained as a biochemist he has held senior positions in both academics and industry and has been a mentor to many young scientists throughout his career. For the last 12 years Dr. Fawcett has been the Director of the BioTechnical Institute of Maryland (BTI) a non-profit institute located in Baltimore, Maryland. He is also the Founder and Director of BioSciConcepts, a social venture of BTI that provides hands-on training for professional scientists in cell culture, baculovirus based expression, as well as topics such as molecular biology, PCR and real-time PCR. BioSciConcepts is an internationally recognized provider of expertise in the biological sciences and has provided consultation services to several small and large biotechnology companies.