- Cool Tool – Label-free kinetic characterization in the palm of your handPosted 15 hours ago
- Cool Tool – SIDUS® technology for viral vector manufacturingPosted 2 days ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – March 24, 2017Posted 6 days ago
- Laminin cell culture matrices – The key to efficient derivation and reliable culture of stem cells and specialized cells lies within these extracellular matrix proteinsPosted 7 days ago
- Video – Fortem: A platform film built for bioprocessPosted 1 week ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – March 17, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Cool Tool – The Human Protein AtlasPosted 2 weeks ago
- Optimization of Roche Liberase MNP-S GMP Grade in the Enzymatic Digestion of Human Umbilical Cord for the Isolation of Mesenchymal Stem CellsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ask the Expert – Maximizing Transient Protein ProductionPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – March 10, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
Transfection and Selection – practical, applicable answers
Ask the Expert
Transfection is often used to transfer an expression plasmid into an animal cell with protein expression as the goal. There are multiple methods to accomplish this and many opportunities to optimize the process. Do you know the best growth conditions for your cells when they are going to be transfected? If you wanted to isolate clones during selection would you know the best way? This session is a great opportunity to ask your questions about transfection and selection and practical, applicable answers.
This Ask the Expert Session was Sponsored by Life Technologies and hosted by Timothy Fawcett, Ph.D. Dr. Fawcett has been in the biotechnology business for over 30 years. Trained as a biochemist he has held senior positions in both academics and industry and has been a mentor to many young scientists throughout his career. For the last 12 years Dr. Fawcett has been the Director of the BioTechnical Institute of Maryland (BTI) a non-profit institute located in Baltimore, Maryland. He is also the Founder and Director of BioSciConcepts, a social venture of BTI that provides hands-on training for professional scientists in cell culture, baculovirus based expression, as well as topics such as molecular biology, PCR and real-time PCR. BioSciConcepts is an internationally recognized provider of expertise in the biological sciences and has provided consultation services to several small and large biotechnology companies.