- World’s Largest hiPSC Bank: Made in CaliforniaPosted 1 min ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – April 21, 2017Posted 6 days ago
- Glycosylation Overview and How to Control Glycosylation using In Vitro GlycoengineeringPosted 1 week ago
- A Novel Approach for Expansion of High Quality Mesenchymal Stem CellsPosted 1 week ago
- Cell Therapy Clinical Trials: Navigating the operational shift from Phase 1 to Phase 2Posted 1 week ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – April 14, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- GMP Proteins for Cell Therapy Manufacturing: Top 6 Things to KnowPosted 2 weeks ago
- Smart Cell Culture Monitoring – Transforming the way we look at cells in culturePosted 2 weeks ago
- A Primer on Primary Cells and CulturePosted 2 weeks ago
- The Importance of Resin Selection in Development of a Platform Bioprocess FilmPosted 2 weeks ago
Ask the Expert – How to Optimize Media and Improve Protein Production with Defined Supplements
Enhancing protein production is a common goal in the biomanufacturing industry. During this Ask the Expert session, we will be discussing the challenges associated with animal origin free media optimization and how defined supplements can provide an increase in productivity and yield. Essential Pharmaceuticals is addressing the challenge of animal origin free media optimization with their Cell-Ess supplement. Use of this product at 1% concentration resulted in a 37% increase in productivity. When using the supplement as a feed it resulted in in a 25% increase in yield and an extension of peak protein production with functional protein increase and desired glycosylation achieved. Results suggest that an increase in protein production may not necessarily require a change in the metabolic state of the cells.
Who should visit?
- Those in early development of bioproduction of proteins in eukaryotic cells
- Those in media optimization or yield optimization for scaled bioproduction of proteins
- Department Directors, Program Directors, Project leaders, involved in optimization of large scale bioproduction of proteins.
Types of Questions?
- What benefits can be gained by using a defined animal origin free supplement in bioproduction?
- Can peak protein yield be extended?
- How does adding a boost or feed impact the metabolic profile?
- How can supplements be used in impact large scale bioproduction?
- Can one increase protein yield without increasing biomass, i.e. making cells be more efficient at producing the engineered protein of interest?
This Ask the Expert session is sponsored by Essential Pharmaceuticals and is hosted by Dr. Adam Elhofy, Ph.D., CSO. Dr. Elhofy developed the core technology for the Ess line of products and aided in creating patents around novel uses of materials. Dr. Elhofy has over 14 years of scientific research experience in the areas of immunology, neuroscience, and oncology. He was funded by both the National Institutes of Health and the Multiple Sclerosis society as an investigator at Northwestern University Medical School. His doctoral research won him the award of the Top 5 trainee scientists by the American Association of Immunologists. Dr. Elhofy has 14 scientific publications in peer reviewed journals. He has played a variety of roles with start-up biotech companies ranging from Principal Investigator to Director of Corporate Development.
For more information, please see “Achieving control and reproducibility of cell culture by eliminating serum.”
Please take advantage of the opportunity to ask our expert a question and participate in a lively discussion on animal origin free media optimization.