- Laminin cell culture matrices – The key to efficient derivation and reliable culture of stem cells and specialized cells lies within these extracellular matrix proteinsPosted 8 hours ago
- Video – Fortem: A platform film built for bioprocessPosted 1 day ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – March 17, 2017Posted 7 days ago
- Cool Tool – The Human Protein AtlasPosted 1 week ago
- Optimization of Roche Liberase MNP-S GMP Grade in the Enzymatic Digestion of Human Umbilical Cord for the Isolation of Mesenchymal Stem CellsPosted 1 week ago
- Ask the Expert – Maximizing Transient Protein ProductionPosted 1 week ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – March 10, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Enabling Viral Vector Production and Vaccine Manufacturing using the iCELLis – a single-use, automated, and closed manufacturing platformPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Dish’s Weekly Biotechnology News Wrap Up – March 3, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Cell Culture Basics – Mycoplasma 101 – A practical guide to prevention, detection and elimination of mycoplasma contaminationPosted 3 weeks ago
All posts tagged "vaccine manufacturing"
The Evolution of Vaccine Manufacturing – Past, Current, and Future Trends
Introduction The vaccine industry is a robust industry that is growing substantially. According to a 2013 report (1) from the World Health Organization (WHO), the market has quadrupled from $5B in 2000 to almost $24B in 2013...
- Posted February 11, 2015
A First – Cell Culture Based Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Approved by the FDA
In recent months we have provided in depth coverage on new cell culture based vaccine technologies, media supplements and manufacturing equipment. Vaccine related topics continue to be highly searched at The Cell Culture Dish. In celebration of...
- Posted December 5, 2012
Reducing CGMP Compliance Challenges is Key to Public Vaccine Confidence and Industry Success
Last month the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a warning letter to Sanofi Pasteur, S.A. regarding April inspections at their facilities in Marcy l’Etoile, France and Toronto, Canada. The warning letter summarized an extensive list of...
- Posted August 8, 2012
New Vaccines – Coming Soon to a Doctor’s Office Near You…
There have been some very positive vaccine stories in the news recently for both vaccines that are on the market and those in development. First, a study conducted by Cincinnati Children’s Hospital found that the commercially available...
- Posted July 24, 2012
FDA Issues Guidance for Warning Labels on All Drugs Produced Using Blood Products including Plasma-derived Albumin
When animal-derived or human-derived blood products are used in biomanufacturing there is always a risk of contamination from adventitious agents, such as viruses and prions. In May 2010, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued “Guidance for...
- Posted June 13, 2012